With the stroke of a pen, capture data into your EHR…
NextPen®, which utilizes Anoto® technology, has a tiny camera in the tip. The camera interprets the pen’s position on the form by reading a faint dot pattern added to the page when printed. Each pattern is unique to that specific sheet of paper, ensuring that all data goes to the correct patient record.
Simply place the pen in a USB docking station, review and approve the data, and the NextPen® system automatically fills the structured data fields in the correct patient record. A perfect image of the form is also captured and can automatically be attached to the record, making it ideal for signatures and drawings
- For Patients: Collect history, demographics, and signatures directly from the waiting room without interview, scanning, or transcription
- For Providers: Capture HPI, PE, ROS, etc., as well as color drawings and signatures, with minimal learning curve
- Capture structured EHR data directly from pen and paper without scanning or transcription
- Automatically populates the appropriate NextGen® EHR templates and fields
- Requires no special printer or paper, and no per-page fees. Print on your own printer, using normal office paper.