Prescription errors that result from illegible hand-writing, incorrect dosing, and missed drug-drug or drug-allergy reactions contribute to thousands of deaths and billions of wasted dollars each year.
NextGen® EHR offers an electronic prescribing and medication management solution to provide an easy, convenient – and now profitable – answer to this problem.
Physicians who transmit prescriptions electronically to pharmacies may earn an incentive payment of 2% of their total Medicare allowed charges during 2010.
NextGen ePrescribing will help your practice take advantage of this incentive and:
- Save time by electronically prescribing medications and receiving refill requests from pharmacies
- Maintain patient records, including demographics, problems, procedures, medications, and allergies
- Receive allergy, drug-to-drug, and disease interaction alerts
- Check formulary and eligibility in real-time
- Request a patient’s complete medication history from pharmacies
Applying for Meaningful Use?
- Medicare: You may not apply for the ePrescribing incentive; however you may apply for the 2% PQRI incentive
- Medicaid: You can apply for the 1% ePrescribing incentive and the 2% PQRI incentive